What is Dota2 Betting?
While Dota 2 betting markets differ from bookmaker to bookmaker, typical bet types surround the outright winners of tournaments and matches. With major tournaments such as The International, ESL One and Dota Summit among the most established and coveted events in the Dota calendar, the bigger the competition, generally the more markets that are available. While many bookmakers offer the opportunity to bet on the winner of individual matches, with teams such as OG, Team Liquid and Evil Geniuses often in the running, handicap betting markets are also hugely popular, involving the number of maps that will be played during a match. Depending on the bookmaker, customers are also free to bet on what the final score of a contest will be, which team will win a specific map, as well as a team winning just one map during the course of a professional game.
With the most successful Dota 2 teams often dominating proceedings during matches as they face off against less experienced rosters, handicap betting is certainly a sure-fire method of levelling the playing field, as well as the odds available. As well as this, Dota 2 teams will often specialise in a certain playing style, meaning that backing teams to win at least one map in their preferred area is another effective method of betting. The underdogs are generally offered much more attractive odds to win at least one map, despite being the overwhelming favourites to be beaten.
In order to be successful in Dota 2, individual player skill and team coordination play a significant role, with customers who can establish an understanding of competitions and rosters far more likely to beat the bookmakers. Roster changes, practice time and game patches can all have an impact on a team’s performance, making it increasingly important to keep up-to-date with latest Dota news.
How to take advantage of Dota2 bonuses
With little to differentiate many bookmakers when it comes to markets, a generous Dota 2 betting bonus can provide the perfect platform to kick-start your wagering on one of the most popular esports titles around. With a whole host of potentially lucrative promotions available for both new and existing customers, free bets, enhanced odds and loyalty schemes are just some of the esports offerings provided by bookmakers. With a welcome bonus often significantly adding to your opening account balance, your chances of picking a winning bet are also increased, with backing the likes of OG, Virtus.Pro and Newbee with a free bet more often than not going to prove successful.
While the majority of such bonuses and promotions require customers to meet certain criteria before any successful bets can be withdrawn, they are still very much worth taking advantage of. Despite having to bet a certain amount of times, as well as meeting a certain level of odds, using a free bet to back your favourite Dota 2 teams at The International or StarLadder i-League is significantly less risky than using your own funds. Free bets received through a Dota 2 betting code are the most effective way of keeping yourself in the game, without even the need to deposit any of your own cash.
As previously mentioned, odds within Dota 2 are often not the most attractive as a result of the top teams being so dominant. This fact makes the use of a Dota 2 betting bonus all the wiser, with betting on the likes of Invictus Gaming and Virtus.Pro, more often than not, likely to prove successful. Making a host of single bets on such teams will also help you to meet the requirements of bookmakers when it comes to the use of bonuses, ensuring that you can make withdrawals as quickly as possible, which is why we are all here after all!
The best bookmakers for Dota2 bonuses
At a quick glance, it is very easy to simply choose a bookmaker based on the biggest welcome bonus and promotions. However, with odds, markets, bonus terms and conditions all needing to be taken into consideration before making a decision, let’s take an in-depth look at some of the best bookmakers when it comes to Dota 2 bonuses:
• Betway – As well as being one of the more established bookmakers when it comes to esports markets, Betway also offer their customers a modest welcome bonus, 100% matching any opening deposit up to this amount, with a rewarding loyalty scheme also helping to provide users with free bets and other promotions along their way. For example, earning 5000 loyalty points could well equate to a free bet of £10.
• Paddy Power – While their range of Dota 2 markets are among the best, having first entered the esports market back in 2011, Paddy Power provide customers with a modest free £30 bet upon registering. Customers depositing a minimum of £10 will receive this bonus, with seven days in which to utilise such a promotion on your favourite Dota 2 teams.
• Ladbrokes – As well as being extremely competitive in terms of their ante post odds offered for major Dota 2 tournaments, Ladbrokes are among the best bookmakers when it comes to a welcome bonus. New customers are entitled to a free bet of up to £50 upon registering, with Ladbrokes 100% matching any opening deposit up to this amount. Odds of at least 1.50 must be met before any withdrawals can be made, with Ladbrokes range of Dota markets also making them an enticing option for any punter.
• William Hill – Despite having only recently entered the esports market, William Hill now rank up there with the best when it comes to Dota 2 markets. On top of this, they also provide customers with £20 worth of free bets when an opening deposit of £10 is made. While this may not be the heaviest welcome bonus around, customers can be assured that the odds available on Dota 2 teams are among the best in the business.
• Pinnacle – While Pinnacle continue to disappoint some in terms of their esports offerings, particularly within Dota 2, a lack of bonuses and promotions will also come as a shock to potential customers. However, Pinnacle instead choose to offer some of the most enticing odds around in a bid to attract customers.
• eBettle – Despite being one the newest and only dedicated esports betting platforms online, eBettle are able to compete with the big names when it comes to bonuses. Their ongoing welcome bonus see’s new customers receiving a 100% bonus on any initial deposit, with a minimum spend of just £10 required. With this free bet automatically credited into your account, you can quickly double your account balance using this site. Although relatively high odds of 2.00 or more must be achieved before any withdrawals can be made, you should have more than enough opportunities to be successful given the level of promotion.
All in all, there are some fantastic bonuses and promotions to choose from, and of course you can even take advantage of offerings from more than one bookmaker at a time. With Dota 2 markets only set to increase in the near future due to the demand from customers, utilising such betting platforms could well prove to be extremely lucrative, with free bets, enhanced odds and loyalty programs only helping further.